“San-Zai” means “three disasters” which are the wind disaster, the fire disaster and the water disaster.
“Ba-Nan” means “eight difficulties”.
(1) To be born a human instead of others;
(2) To be born a man instead of a woman;
(3) To be born healthy and all parts complete;
(4) To be born in China;
(5) To be born when a wise Emperor is ruling;
(6) To be born with a heart of kindness and generosity;
(7) To be born at a time of peace;
(8) To be able to come across the “Three Treasures”.
In book “Yun Ji Qi Jian”, there is another explanation of the “Ba-Nan” :
(1) Will not changes one’s mind on search the Dao;
(2) Able to study from the real masters of Tao;
(3) Will not stay comfy and lazy;
(4) Staying away from secular affairs;
(5) Staying away from secular love and sentiment;
(6) Staying away from greed and desires;
(7) Staying away from joy and anger;
(8) Staying away from sex and erotica.